To empower female journalists and promote Media diversity, the Chavchavadze Center has launched a new project aiming to change the existing gender stereotypes in the Media. Trainings for entry-level journalists, webinars, discussions, focus groups and certain research activities will be carried out in the framework of "Empowerment of Female Journalists and Support of Media Diversity". Trainings cover the following topics:
• How to tackle gender stereotypes in the Media (news, talk-shows, commercials)?
• How to cover domestic violence?
• How to cover tragic news?
• Gender equality - history, legislation, challenges.
• Psychological aspects of covering sensitive stories.
The project is carried out with a generous support of the Embassy of the Netherlands in Georgia.